THE KIWANIS CLUB OF LEWISTON NEW YORK

 

The Kiwanis Club of Lewiston was officially chartered on May 17, 1958 and had 64 charter members; the club has an organizational date of March 26, 1958. The charter was declared official at a Dinner held at Louigi's Restaurant in Niagara Falls, New York. Then Governor Dr. Fred Malone of Berlin, New York delivered to the local club its charter. This club was organized under the sponsorship of the North Niagara Falls Kiwanis Club, who with its president and many of its members attended the meeting. 

Since then, the Lewiston Kiwanis has grown to be a 100+ member Club. Through money raised at the Peach Festival, Clam Bake, and other fundraisers, the Club continues to donate several thousand dollars every year to children’s programs and related charities in our community. 

Our Club sponsors several Service Leadership Programs (SLP). At Lewiston Porter Centeral School and the Tuscarora Indian Schools we sponsor a “Kiwanis Kids (K-Kids)”.  At the Lewiston Porter School, we sponsor a “Terrific Kids, Builders Club, and Key Club”.  At Niagara University we sponsor a “Circle K (CKI) club”.  We also sponsor the Niagara County Aktion Club and they were chartered in 2007. The Aktion Club’s membership is primarily developmentally disabled Adults. 

In 2007, an effort was made to branch out into Wheatfield and form another Chartered Club.  From mentoring and support, they have become self-sustaining and an impact on their community. 

The Lewiston Club has a large involvement of active members, including their spouses, family, friends, and SLP members.  All giving hundreds of hours of volunteered time to attain the ultimate goal of Kiwanis…..Changing the world one child and one community at a time’.

 

Kiwanis Club of Lewiston
Po Box 18
Lewiston, New York 14092

 

1958 Club Officers

President Robert A. Skimin
1st Vice President Paul J. Schmoyer
2nd Vice President William Holroyd
Treasurer Ronald A. D'Arcangelo
Secretary Richard L. Webb

 

1958 Board of Directors

Richard Abendroth

Joseph C. Brem

Charles A. Corieri

Frank Erm

Donald F. Hibbard

Robert F. Nassoiy

 The Kiwanis Club of Lewiston has continued to be an active and energetic club over the past 59 years supporting many local organizations for the betterment of Lewiston and surrounding areas.  Through several annual fund raising activities the club contributes in excess of $70,000 annually to local service projects.

Charter Members

Reinhardt P. Abendroth Horace C. Adams James D. Adams
Anthony J. Antolene Angelo Antonucci Allen Armstrong
Edwin C. Beehler

William Benedict

Robert D. Bowie
Joseph C. Brem Kenneth Brown Roy A. Brown
Raymond H. Capps Charles A. Corieri Ronald D'Arcangelo
Richard Drake Fred Dunning Frank Erm
Richard Finnegan Ralph Fisher Charles Geiss
Joseph Guaetta Denton E. Hardison John Hessney
Donald F. Hibbard James M. Hibbard William Holroyd
George Hoyle Neldon L. Jensen James Johnson
Roy C. Keeney Donald J. Knab

Avery Liscomb

Sebastian Lombardi John Long Peter N. MacLaren
John MacKellar Leonard Matyjas George McBride
Paul McDaniels Gordon McKay Robert F. Nassoiy
Raymond Paynter Herbert Reiter Jack Rock
John Scarf Paul Schmoyer Marvin Schrader
Robert A. Skimin John Victor Simon Alan D. Smith
Frank H. Smith Milton L. Stahlman Robert Stark
William Straughan Rudolph E. Svandlenak Joseph E. Tegda
Thomas George Allan Van Den Bosch Victor Van Den Bosch
Howard Wagner Richard L. Webb William J. West
Mahlon C. Woodring    

The six permanent Objects of Kiwanis International were approved by Kiwanis club delegates at the 1924 Convention in Denver, Colorado. Through the succeeding decades, they have remained unchanged.

 

Home Listing of club Officers
Club Activities Calendar Service Leadership Programs
Kiwanian of the Year Niagara County Peach Festival
Peach Festival 5K Fun Run Kiwanis International
Kiwanis - NY District Niagara River Chamber Region of Commerce (USA)